Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Gone But Never Ever Forgotten

I haven't posted this yet, because honestly I just haven't come to terms with it yet. However, I hear Ellis in the back of my mind saying, "awe hell girl move on take care of that baby." So I here I go..

Ellis (Justins papa) passed away on April 1st at 6:00pm. When he took his last breathe he was surrounded by his closest family. In the end Ellis was fighting so hard to breathe and his girlfriend Anne Marie sang "Amazing Grace" to him and he peacefully took the last breathe he will ever breathe.

As I sit here and write this post I still cannot believe it. Sometimes it is so hard to understand why God takes people so very special to us. But we have to solely trust in him. His memorial was in Nebraska for all of this work friends and family and then he had on here in MS at a church that his distant family founded. His service was surrounded by his motorcycles (which was his passion) and all of the things he enjoyed.

If Ellis was here and I knew the past few months were some of his last I would write him a letter and this is what it would say..

Ellis,
Even though Justin and I have been together for almost ten years I have only become to know you personally in the last two. At first I just really didn't know what to think about you. We have always had a laid back, if something is wrong just silently deal with it kind of family. But then you came along and were as outspoken as they come. I always was a little scared when you would ask us to come to a restuarant with you bc if someone got your order wrong or if they weren't just exceptional with service you ALWAYS let them know. However, through all of that you taught me to stand up for what I want.
You have done an exceptional job in helping raise your two sons. Even though both of them have your temper...:) they have the kindest heart. You have shown them to stand up for what they believe. You have taught them to be strong hard workers and take pride in their jobs. You introduced them into the world of construction and that is their passion because you showed them how.
I will never forget your laugh. I will never forget the time I wanted to pay for dinner and you told me to shut up. I will never forget how you always told Aiden he was "papa's baby". I will never forget how your eyes lit up when you saw Aiden. I will never forget how Aiden's eyes lit up when he saw his papa.
I promise you Ellis everyday I will teach Aiden all about you. I will show Aiden to be strong and stand up for himself like you did. We will at least once at day point to the sky and wave to papa. I will show the pictures of you to him and he will know you as if you were still here.
I am sorry you had to go. But you will never ever ever be forgotten, after all how could anyone forget you. We love you more than you will ever know!
Love,
Jamie

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

Awesome letter Jamie. You know Ellis loved it knowing that it came from his favorite daughter-in-laws heart. It is really hard but when I feel like I can't go on I can feel his hand in mine and hear him saying "don't be silly you know you are strong you can do it", so can you Jamie. We have to dwell on the things that we shared not what we could have shared. I know for fact that he enjoyed being with you guys in KC. We talked a lot about being on a job again with you guys. It would have been great. Ellis was an awesome man everyone who knew him can vouch for that one,you never forgot him. Thanks for everyone who sent prayers our way since all this happened that was very thoughtful. Jamie you know you are my favorite daughter-in-law now. Love you Anne Marie