Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Gaining Weight


We had to have a submerged bath last night after Justin was changing him and he shot poopy clear across the room. He tried to warn daddy with some grunts but it was just too late.







Today I went to a breastfeeding support group. Kinda an odd experience for me. I walk in...look around...and all these women are sitting around with their breasts out having conversation. All I could think was...I am not going to pull out my "business" in the middle of this class with all these women I don't know. I made sure Aiden ate shortly before we left so we wouldn't have to participate in the "group" breastfeeding. I planned on going and talking with other mothers and compare stories. So in I walk lay Aiden down on the floor to get him undressed to be weighed. As I am undressing him he starts wailing, and screaming. Oh my gosh what do I do?? So I gave him his pacifier, he spit it out, I picked him up and his body was stiff as a board as he was in this moment of pure red headed anger. I though about just leaving but, I really wanted to have him weighed to make sure he is getting enough to eat and so on. As he rants, raves and everything else you could imagine I look around and all these other mothers are looking at me like..Um why don't you just feed him. I wiped the sweat beads off of my forehead, sucked it up and just fed him like everyone else. At first I was a little uncomfortable, but then it just seemed so natural. I know many people are completely comfortable breastfeeding where ever they are, but I just haven't crossed that bridge yet. Maybe one day I will. Anyway, that is my crazy story for the day.. :) Oh and another plus I was able to weigh Aiden after he ate to see how many ounces he got. Needless to say he is getting enough to eat! Hope you enjoy the pics! Also Aiden has gained 1lb and 1 oz. He is getting to be such a big boy. His current weight is 9lbs 6oz.

3 comments:

Chicago_or_Bust said...

Enjoying the pics!

Great story. Sounds like little Aiden has more than red-headed temper - I sorta recognize some of that from his mommy. :-))

Claridge

Did I Just Do What I Think I Did? said...

Hey!
Cute pics of my little boy! That red headed temper is a hoot! For now, anyway. :-)
Thanks for sharing.
Love you,
Mom

Unknown said...

Hi Jamie,

Bobby just turned me on to your blog. Sounds like you're getting the hang of the mommy thing. About breastfeeding in public... I just carried one of those light weight thin baby blankets and drapped it over my shoulder and chest...instant happy baby with privacy.

How is the burts' bees baby powder working for you? If the rash is persisting, go to Lowes or Walmart plant section (or nursery) and see if are carrying the aloe vera plant. If so, buy the biggest one they have and start cutting pieces off at night, split it open and spread the clear pulp on Aiden's rash. It is a wonderful skin healer. Don't cheat and buy the aloe in a bottle.... to many additives and one is usually alcohol which will burn!

Keep up the good work. He sure is cute and healthy looking.

Love,
Rachael